Spike's going to the vets every 3 days for an antibiotic injection because of a chest infection, but he's almost back to his feisty self, so I'm very happy about that!
So what do I have for you today? Ahh yes. I have a recipe for a healthy scrummy yummy apple and currant slice that even the kids will love! Very easy to make and even easier to eat! lol Enjoy!!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 185g butter, chilled, cubed
- 1 egg
- 450g can apple pie fruit
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 3cm deep, 24cm x 29.5cm (base) lamington pan.
- Process flours, icing sugar and butter to resemble breadcrumbs. Add egg. Process until dough comes together. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead lightly.
- Press two-thirds of dough into prepared pan. Refrigerate. Wrap remaining dough in plastic wrap. Place into freezer until firm.
- Spread apple over dough base. Sprinkle with currants, brown sugar and cinnamon. Grate frozen dough over top. Bake for 40 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- Cool in pan. Cut into squares to serve.