Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday Treasure

It's a dark and stormy kind of day......but I've done my best to photograph today's Tuesday Treasure. After talking with Jo at Lilly Pilly about last weeks treasures, it happens that both of us have a very similar treasure, and decided to do a post together this week! Here's her gorgeous Tuesday Treasure.

Here's mine! A gorgeous opal and zircon ring. It was a gift from my parents after a trip to famous Lightning Ridge.My favourite stone is opal, it is the most heavenly of all the gem stones, in my opinion. You are able to locate every colour of the rainbow in a good piece, you can find opal fossils, and it's Australia's national gemstone. We mine different types here in Aus, black opal being worth the most per karat.But my beautiful little treasure isn't black opal. It's white opal, which is my favourite type! Thanks Mum and Dad, it truly is a treasure!

11 comments:

Joy said...

Oh Amanda it's absolutely beautiful ... is opal your birthstone?? It's mine ;o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Unknown said...

It really is a gorgeous treasure !
Thanks for playing along .

Jo in TAS said...

Oh it's so beautiful, I'll do my post later tonight, just have to finish work.

Sew Useful Designs said...

Wow Manda, that sure is a beautiful ring! Your photographs pick up all the colours wonderfully.

Vikki x :-)

marina said...

Gorgeous ring. I prefer the white opals too. Definitely a treasure.

Jennifer Rose said...

that is a gorgeous ring! such a pretty thing

Teresa said...

ooooh Love that ring Amanda! It is absolutely beautiful. Such a gorgeous, thoughtful present to bring you back. xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Manda that is gorgeous...what a lovely gift from your Mum and Dad..

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Hi there! I love your owls (owls being a favourite of mine). I noticed you love red pandas and I thought I'd tell you that a red panda has just been born in Kristiansand Animal park (Norway). They didn't know she was expecting, so it was a surprise event. Mother and baby doing well :)

BubzRugz said...

That is such a beautiful ring - I love opals too....... very clear pictures too........ Hugz from Bubz

Yarni Gras! said...

oh that is very pretty~