Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday Treasure

It's the last Tuesday of the month - can you believe it?! My how August has flown by!
Today I'm showing another recently received treasure, and just like last week, is tied in with my darling Jake.
A lot of you will know Joy, from the wonderful JoyPatch. Well, Joy owns a Border Collie named Bundy, who is the spitting image of my dearly departed Jake. When Joy heard my story of Jake, she knew how much it would tear her up to not have Bundy anymore (they become such big parts of your life) that she decided to make me something. I received the package just before my short trip to NSW and cried so hard when I opened it up to reveal this stunning cushion.Joy, you will never know just how much your kindness and friendship meant to me when I was missing my boy most!The stories you share of your wonderful Bundy lightened my heart and I know he and Jake would have been kindred spirits!I took the cushion with my carry on luggage so I could show my family, and they love it too! A Treasure to all of us!
If you'd like to see more Tuesday Treasure's or join in yourself, head over to Clare's, the Queen of Treasure!

9 comments:

Christine M said...

What a lovely cushion Amanda. Joy is so thoughtful. Hugs, Christine

BubzRugz said...

Precious - brought a tear to my eye.... Great treasure....Hugz

Joy said...

Oh Amanda, bless your gawjus heart!!! It means the world to me to know that you like the cushion so much.
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Sandi said...

It's lovely, Amanda. What a lovely lady Joy is.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

A beautiful cushion - what a lovely idea.

CurlyPops said...

Aww what a lovely gift!

Teresa said...

Just gorgeous! Trust Joy to come up with such a wonderful, thoughtful gift for you. How precious. Thanks for showing us! xx

Roseanne said...

What a king hearted lady to give you such a wonderful cushion.

val said...

oh what a wonderfully thoughtful gift. I know you'll cherish it!