Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Snappy Friends Challenge

These pictures proudly brought to you by this months Snappy Friends Challenge theme words, Clock and Orange.
This clock I bought way back in my mid teens as I was going through a "gothic" stage. My room changed to candles and black drapes, along with this large clock. It never worked.Once my goth stage was over, I went to give it to charity but my Mum snapped it up, fixed it, and now it's displayed above my parents TV cabinet. She says it's just big enough for them to see the time on!
I'm making pumpkin soup for dinner tonight, so this is my Orange photograph along with a recipe for yummy pumpkin soup that the whole family will enjoy!
Pumpkin Soup
  • Peel and de-seed half a pumpkin, and cut into chunks.
  • Put in a pan with enough water to just cover.
  • Simmer until tender, drain thoroughly and puree in a blender or food processor.
  • Dilute the puree to the consistency you like, using water or milk with a touch of added cream and ricotta cheese.
  • Grate in a little nutmeg and season lightly with salt and pepper.
  • Warm through to serve.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

way to go........when I just put up my orange post I realised we onto the next one........I had better get a move on this fortnight......

Kim said...

recipe sounds yummy - great pics