Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Oil Pastel Owl

Visiting Smiggle a few weeks ago, I decided to buy some oil pastels. My Grandmother uses them in her art and I've always wanted to try them and see what they're like. So I grabbed a six dollar canvas from the dollar store and brought them home, deciding to draw - what else? - and owl.
I started with the oil pastels but they wouldn't fill in the canvas, so I used paint to paint the background colours, then finished all the details with my new oil pastels.
I am seriously happy with how it turned out, especially for my first attempt! I might even buy another canvas and try another one...

4 comments:

Christine M said...

Your canvas is gorgeous Manda. I'm very impressed!

Jennifer Rose said...

very nice :D

the oil pastels will work on thicker paper too, and if you have any turps you can move the pastels around like paint if you wet the end of a rag to use as a brush

quilterliz said...

G'day Amanda. Just lovely. Take care. Liz...

val said...

lovely!