Friday, May 29, 2009

zucchini's??

I found this in a recent Burke's Backyard magazine, and couldn't believe believe my eyes... I mean, I've seen huge record-breaking pumpkins and tomatoes and carrots and such, but this is ridiculous!That's a lot of quiche filling. Speaking of which, here's my favourite way to use up eggs -

Vegetarian zucchini quiche Lorraine

Ingredients for 2 pies:

  • 2 prebaked pie dough forms, using your favourite recipe
  • 3 eggs
  • 4 Tsp Greek yoghurt or sourcream
  • 1/2 zucchini, shredded
  • 2 cups of leek, chopped into rings
  • 10 small cherry or grape tomatoes, clices in half
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (technically Gruyère, but I used a tasty Swedish cheese instead)
  • 2 tsp. sweet mustard
  • Salt, pepper, chopped thyme to taste
  1. Mix eggs, yoghurt, cheese, mustard, herbs and spices together in a bowl.
  2. Spread the drained zucchini in the pie forms.
  3. Sprinkle the leek and halved tomatoes over the zucchini.
  4. Pour over the egg mixture.
  5. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 200 degrees C for 15-20 minutes.
  6. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
  7. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Christy Amular said...

OMG, those are humongous zucchinis! Thank you for your recipe. BTW have you already entered my sewmamasew giveaway?

Unknown said...

Thanks I'm a vego and that recipe looks great .