Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Queensland Flood Relief Auction

Have you read about Toni's Queensland Flood Relief Appeal yet? Click on the button below to go see what it's all about.I'm just one of the many people having an auction on their blog to raise money for those affected by these terrible floods, including my own town.

What you are bidding on:Two sets (yes two!) of my handmade owl pins! Keep them both or give one set to a friend! If you're not an owl fan, I will gladly exchange them for roses, strawberries, bluebirds, pumpkins etc. Just let me know along with your comment.How it will work -
  • Bidding starts at the cost of one set - AUD$8.00.
  • Place your bid by leaving a comment on this post with the amount you are bidding, and a way to contact you should you be the winning bid.
  • Postage worldwide is free!
  • The auction will be on from now until 9:00pm 24th of January Australian Eastern Standard time.
  • I will contact you soon after closing should you be the winner.
  • Winner is to pay directly to the Premiers Flood Relief Appeal.
  • Once the winner has paid, they will email me a copy of the receipt or pdf file. When I have received that, I shall post your pins off asap.
I will also be distributing the "New Beginnings" Sewing Packs from the Gum Tree designers in my flooded town, so if you're able, give generously there too! See button on sidebar for details.

If you live in a flood affected area and want to do something to help, then "Baked Relief" is perfect!! Get those aprons out and start cooking girls!!!
(Picture taken by me from Mt. Archer. Click to see detail.)

Thankyou to everyone who is helping at this terrible time. May all your loved ones who live in these areas stay safe!

Edited to add: For every $20 that is bid, I will add another set of pins! You can choose any sets of pins you want, bluebirds, roses, pumpkins, strawberries, etc! I will email the winner pictures of different ones I make so they can choose. Remember if you are a no-reply blogger, to add your email or blog address so I can contact you if you win! Keep those bids coming, and again, thankyou!

17 comments:

BubzRugz said...

I was thinking of you today and hoping you are fine.....

bec said...

Hope you're ok, your owls are going to be in my new header! And I emailed, but it bounced back- I owe you a prezzie for being one of my followers, have a think what I could make for you (or if you want to donate it)- even after the floods settle and you start to replace stuff. keep safe!

RG said...

1st bid? Hope this is right :)
$10.00

Love your owls Manda!! xx

Sarah said...

Great that you are ok Manda!
I'll bid $15... These are just TOO cute.
x Sarah

Maria said...

I bid $12 Manda.
I know they are cute as I saw Sue's.

Maria said...

Okay $20

Nicky said...

I will bid $25

Sarah said...

I bid $40

Jo in TAS said...

$50 from me
Hugs
Jo

Nicky said...

OK I will bid $60.00

Sarah said...

Well I better bid $70.00

beachvintage.com said...

Hi Manda, Just wanted to say thanks for all your well wishes, I really appreciate it. Simone xx

Chriss said...

My bid is $80, love the owls.

Ang said...

I'll bid $100.

Chriss said...

Oh no! I will have to pull the belt in a bit tighter so I can bid again. $110 is my bid. I will so love these pins.

Unknown said...

Amanda, my heart is in my stomach to realize your own home is not in the worst of the flooded areas. My own sweet aunt and uncle both survived Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans by hacking their way through their roof to be rescued. New Orleans still has not recovered from the physical loss. I do hope your town recovers. It seems like your people have such a strong spirit. Stay safe, Elizabeth

Sarah said...

OH I just cannot let this one pass...

I bid (ekkk) $120!